Tuesday, October 29, 2013

One Foot...

One foot in front of the other.  You've seen them...the clips of marathon runners and Olympians wobbling up to the finish line.  Left foot forward, shaky knee, gasp, collapse, pull with all their force to extract the right foot up from where it is cemented and place it forward.  Step by step, foot by foot, dignity lost, yet pressing on.

You've had those days.  One foot forward.  You've sat there barely able to breathe.  Other foot forward.  Your mind spinning from the chaos.  C'mon just one more step.  Knowing that what propels you is Divine, so. You. Step. On.

We have those days too, us on the field.  Pulling that foot up out of it's cemented spot, grunting and gasping, yearning for what is ahead, not thinking you can do it, but then you see those left toes sneaking out past your eyes and planting themselves in front of you.  Gasp.  Collapse.  Stand up.  One more step.

Straining to yank the foot out of the tar with a most minute measure of energy reserves, your mind collapses also.  Back to the Basics.  Back to "Why am I doing this?"

"Ama tell the world, tell the world that I'm brand new, I don't deserve you, but I'm a witness that you did this.  A slave to myself, but you let me go, cleaned up my soul, gave me new life.  Christ came and he rescued me."

My mind collapses on this, these words from Lecrae, these words from a sinner like me.  Step forward.  Ama tell the world.  Step forward.  I'm brand new.  Step forward.  I'm a witness that you did this.  Press on.  Step forward.  Christ's transforming power propels me.

No comments:

Post a Comment