Saturday, November 12, 2011

The DCA

The Danforth Christian Academy presses on!
Charting the pilgrim's voyage, "Our History: How and Why we came to America".  We're learning about time lines in math, so this teacher thought "Why not throw in some history too?!"


Elaina's interpretation of England in 1532.  King Henry the 8th separates from the Catholic church
and establishes the Puritan church so he can get a divorce from his wife.

Sawyer's interpretation of the Separatist church founded by Pilgrims in 1600
and their consequential oppression from the King.

Some of Sawyer's sight and phonics words.  
"Chasse-Mouche" or "Fly Swatter" is a game I learned while student teaching.  I say a word
and the first student to hit the word gets a point!
Show and Tell at the end of the day.
Sawyer made this rubber band gun out of a stick, rubber bands, and a clothespin.
I was pretty impressed!  I actually works!
Elaina's Show and Tell.
Piper and Kyper are her Bess Beatles from Science Class.


Teacher's Show and Tell.
I found this thorn on a bush shortly after dedicating my life to Christ in Cameroon.  
I keep it in my Bible because it reminds me of His sacrifice for me.



"For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning is shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."  Hebrews 12:2

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post, Anna. Keep up the great work of teaching. Praying for decisions you have.

    ReplyDelete