Friday, August 1, 2014

Words of Life amidst Riots...

Yesterday, Sam took me to Murchison, one our more rural Genesis community centers.  There had been riots here for the last 3 days, possibly due to a lack of water.  The riots were over and Sam was on the job to fix some broken windows (not a result of the riots).  Murchison is home to a gym, music academy, training center, library, and feeding center.  Basically, it is a safe place for kids and youth to come and hear the Good News of Christ.

As Sam fixed windows, I took a look around.  The verse for the day on the front chalkboard was
Psalm 18:2,
"The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; 
my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, 
my shield and the horn of my salvation, 
my stronghold."

I wondered if God would use these words today to breathe into a community that had recently suffered a lack of stability, safety, and access to the most basic of needs.  His Word has breathed life into me.  It has changed me from blindness, from self, from wrong direction.  And I know it has the power to do the same for anyone who seeks Him.  These life-altering truths are why we are here.





1 comment:

  1. Check out this post about MAF in Uganda. One of the women I met through adoption is leading this trip. http://www.beautyforashesuganda.org/

    ReplyDelete