Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What Will It Be Like?

What will it be like in this land God has called me to?  To these people He has always loved whom I never knew existed until recently?  I am thrilled to have my country assignment, but in my excitement, I  can't help but wonder...

What will they be like?


How has this land shaped their hearts?
Maybe they'll be hilarious like so many of my friends here...

 I'll undoubtedly have much to learn.
What new things will I learn about Him who loves me and them so that He sent His own Son?
And here in this town where I'll live, I pray that He'll grant me a love for their souls and the discernment to know when I'm hindering and when I'm helping them and myself to know Him more.
Tempered by the unknowns.  Propelled by His love.

"I am under obligation both to Greeks and non-Greeks, both to the wise and to the foolish. So I am eager to preach the gospel..."
The Apostle Paul

3 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! Good expression of what I you are feeling in this time of preparation. Praying!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight. Can't imagine the excitement as you prepare. Keep pressing on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying with you (and excited with you), friend!

    ReplyDelete