In an effort to avoid public nightmarish images in the developing Danforth brains this year, we had a Fall party at home with the cousins! From a momma's view, here's what I dig:
1. Choosing and controlling the amount of sugar intake.
2. Choosing and controlling the images seen and not seen.
3. Simplistic fun and one less over-the-top holiday.
4. One more night claimed for family time.
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart" does NOT mean that I spend my time worrying about how others celebrated October 31st. It means for ME that I want to foster an environment where Little Danforths are...
1. easily impressed with 3 pieces of candy instead of a whole bag that I'd throw away anyway.
2. able to think much of a home-made sign rather than huge and expensive decorations.
3. not troubled in wee hours of the night by ghoulish costumes.
4. satisfied and fulfilled with simple things.
|Fairy and Pioneer Girl|