Monday, October 8, 2012

"After I have enjoyed your company a while..."

says Paul to the Romans whom he hopes will send him on his way to Spain.  "But now there is no more place for me to work in these regions, and since I have been longing for many years to see you, I plan to do so when I go to Spain.  I hope to visit you while passing through and to have you assist me on my journey there, after I have enjoyed your company for a while." Romans 15:23-24.

If I could be so bold as to reword this to our home church, Grace Brethren, I would say, "We are done with the work at Moody Aviation, we have been longing to see you while we have been away, and now we are here with you for a season before we go on to MAF.  We are loving this visit as we pass through and are fulfilled in our hopes that you assist us in our journey overseas after we have enjoyed your company for a while."

Thank you, Grace Brethren Church, and especially our Global Missions Team, for this time of enjoyment we have with you before passing along.  Thank you for assisting us in our journey to make disciples of Christ and worshippers of God in other nations.  We love you.

Grace Brethren Church Global Missions Team

No comments:

Post a Comment